Thread: quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 AM
fabric_lover

I belong to a guild. Iit has over 200 members and not everyone shows up at the same time, but when their schdules allow. Ours is a friendly group. best thing about our guild is the learning experiences. Workshops have very famous teachers, Billie Lauder, Sally Schroeder (?), etc. There are 6 workshops per yr for $40. -this yrs prices-. Some are just 1 day; occasionally 2 day. Even if technique is never used again, it is a fun day-lots of laughing, woops sewed it wrong, and goings on. Another extra nice thing is the sub-groups I belong to Commuity Service where we make quilts for charities/hospitals, sericemen's families all the while learning new techniques. There are always some people who have their noses up in the air-those you stay away from and don't let them bother you. Question you need to ask youself is Why is my reason for joining; do I want to learn, new things, see guest speakers and their quilts and hear tips and their mistakes, (we are all mistake makers) see show and tell. We have Bonnie Hunter coming in October 2011 and i'm looking forward to that. Give it a try, you can be a guest up to 3 meetings before deciding to join/not join. Have fun.