Thread: quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM
AliKat

I've enjoyed reading this post. I belong to a guild with about 60-90 members that has a meeting monthly.

What I've noticed are that there are a lot of chair warmers who don't engage with others but seem to wait for whatever. Then there are those who are willing to introduce themselves and engage others and share their love of quilting.

I guess I am of the latter variety because I am glad I got to meet and interact with so many really different and neat quilters.

For those who are the more quiet ones, I strongly suggest they try to get involved. It might only be making one new quilting buddy each time ... but, keep trying and attend as many events as possible.

I guess it is like when you first went to school. Hopefully you eventualy made friends and had a good time while learning.

I will also admit to attending one guild where I was told point blank that I couldn't sit in an empty chair because "someone might want to sit there." Sinde I felt I was someone, I never did go back to that group and don't miss it at all.

ali