View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
candi

So sorry for your troubles. I am sure your partner will understand...is it me????
:mrgreen: LOL.

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I went to the post office this evening (about thiry minutes before closing) to mail my SP their goodies. The post office was out of priority boxes, small boxes, and most other mailing items. So, I waited in line for about twenty-five minutes. The mail clerk gave me a rectangular priority box because he said it would be "cheaper" to mail in the non-flat rate box. He sent me to an automated machine to finish my transaction. Unfortunately, the box was too big for my items and one of the items is fragile, so I was sure it would break without additional packing around it. So, I went out to my vehicle and grabbed a bunch of plastic bags to use as packing. When I weighed the box, it cost more to send than the flat rate. With delivery confirmation, it would have been over $14.00. I turned to go back to waiting in line again to ask them if there was another option, but they had already closed the line. I took my box and my goodies and returned home.

I dug around in my storage room and found a small box, repackaged all the goodies (much more securely, this time) and plan on going to a different post office tomorrow to mail the box. I doubt I will be going to that post office again. I really miss the small town post offices that actually seem to care about their clientele!

Sorry I wasn't able to get it out today. I honestly tried my best, but I didn't want my SP to get a package with broken pieces inside. Better a day late than that.