View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by SherriB
I have a Fiskars and loved it. But I recently changed blades and it is driving me batty!!! I think the blade I took off was an Olfa brand blade. I used a Fiskars blade refill and it just slides around. The blade I took off had a D kind of shaped opening where it went on the screw holding it but this on is just a round hole.
That "sliding" is actually a sort of oil put on to make the blades easier (and safer) to remove from the packaging. Somewhere, ages ago (or a few months), I found an informative tutorial on blade handling for quilters. Don't laugh.

Might it be possible that you have 2 blades and don't realize it? It's happened many times. The 2 things that are usually D shapes - the piece from the cutter that goes through the hole (just the bottom of the peg part) and the washer - have to be aligned properly.

If your original blade had a D hole, then maybe it didn't need or have the washer....which a blade with a circular hole would need to stabilize it with the peg on the rotary cutter.