View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
mrspete

I wanted to give myself a Christmas Present. I have a friend who knows a young man in uniform in Aghanistan. So I got his address and I begin this as a community service then things changed and I changed it to, Lord-guide-me-and-bless-this-effort type project. So I contacted all my neighbors and friends. A few gave and I bought so much stuff and made little treat bags from Christmas fabric. One of the biggest need this group asked for was boot laces. How simple was that?? Very, I found salvage places with scads of things that help them and entertain them and nourish them. Reading materials and toiletries that have no perfume and are in travel sizes. Everything was put in ziplocks, that was the second request. They needed ziplocks to keep their stuff fresh and clean. Being a frugal person, I want you to know, I packed 13 of the APO boxes for them and mailed them 22 November 2010....got word last night. Mission Accomplished !!! What a wonderful Christmas gift to me, to know they got there with little messages through out all the 100+ packages and goodies. They will know this One Grandma loves them and prays for them. I just wanted to share. Anyone you know with a relative or friend 'over there' get their address and at least send a card. I send more than I should, but cards they can carry and look at over and over. I love this board and all you wonderful people. You are another blessing. Thanks to the owner of this site and the workers and all who participate. I never fail but to learn when I come in here and read. Thank you. Ruth