Thread: Handmade Elf
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Mamagus

I made this little fellow when my kids were small... and he's very special to our family especially my daughter. I also wrote stories about how the elf... "Georgie the Smallest Christmas Elf" saved Christmas for so many children. Then I illustrated them and read them a new story each Christmas Eve.

In 2002 George was mailed to Erin who was going to school in British Columbia and he rode home in a pocket of her backpack, all the way to Newfoundland, making friends in four airports and airplanes!

This year Erin is faraway again... 4 and 1/2 time zones to the East of me this time in Northern France. She is teaching there and will not be home for Christmas this year. So I packed him in her Christmas package and sent him to France, right now he's waiting in a post office for her to come pick him up. She has no idea he's on his way.

Now I have to get busy and write her a little Christmas story starring our favorite little elf of course. I'll put it in her in box on Facebook just as she starts to open the package. We're doing a SKYPE session when she gets the box to her apartment.

I think this may be a Christmas tradition for awhile! With two children who love to travel and work in faraway places, Georgie could become a world traveller!

I'll post some pics of Erin and Georgie when she gets him!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141376.jpe