View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Jeanm

Hi Corry,

I bought one of these and I'm wondering how are you're doing with your machine?

I have to say for me that so far so good. I haven't had any problems with using it for either sewing or embroidering.
I had the SES2000 for a while, it was my first embroidery machine. Had a lot of error messages, but eventually learned a few tricks that eliminated most of them.
I eventually returned it because it was acting up and bought a Pfaff 4.0 thinking the problems would be eliminated. Not so, it really isn't designed very well for piecing and has it own set of issues when doing embroidery.
In retrospect have to admit many of the problems I had with the Singer were due to my learning curve.
I started looking to buy a used Singer and then saw the Quartet on sale and bought.
I really like the way it sews and it doesn't eat my fabric the way the Pfaff can. Also, out of the three machine I have the least amount of trouble on this one when stitching out an embroidery designs.
The only error messages I get are if the thread breaks. I find that using a thread stand works better than the spools on the machine.
Although I don't get to used it as much as I would like to, the time spent with it is fun and not at all frustrating.