View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by AliKat
I thought that Alex Anderson left HGTV to start her own online quilting show with Ricky Timms. At least that is the way it was presented at the Paducha quilt show in 2008.
ali
I think that's because AA is a professional and classy lady. But she has used the term "fired" every now and then. After that, she did team up with Ricky to launch an online venture.

The early shows were a bit forced as they both found their way - not so much the quilt content, but the whole "talk" show aspect. But they've settled into a pretty great routine, and are both really comfortable in this format.

I've been a member since the beginning - I almost felt I "owed" it to AA to support the new venture because I had learned so much from SQ. And I've really enjoyed TQS immensely.

But, really, buck for buck, it's the best deal out there in terms of getting to watch top teachers/artists, learning techniques, hearing about what's new in the quilt world, and all the other stuff they have on the site, all at 3AM (if you want) in your pajamas. What more could you ask for?

NAYY.