View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
mollymct

I have a Dummies book on the way, but I'm too impatient to wait. I'm youtubing and searching online, but it may be faster to just ask my question and see if someone here can help or recommend a really good resource! I joined a crochet forum, but that was overwhelming, too. I "know" you guys a little bit!!

I'm set on making a baby hat. I can knit, but I'm set on this particular pattern that I think is so cute. I have the pattern before me and fussed over it last night. Got extremely frustrated. I knit and I think that the foundation chain (like the first row of knitting) is probably just extra hard to work into, but all the instructions I see online start after a few inches have been crocheted...well, sure I can see what's supposed to happen there!

Here is the first line of my pattern:

Round 1: Ch 2. Work 12 hdc into 2nd ch from hook. Mark last stitch with stich marker.(12)

My questions:

I make a slip knot on the hook, right? And then chain two... got that.

What is the second chain from the hook? WHERE do I put the hook in? Do I hold the chain and try to kind of go under it?? With only two chains, it's kind of hard to even see what is what.

Once I figure that out, the half double crochet is all going to fit into the one chain/hole? I wish I knew what it should look like at that point. I know no one who crochets.

Is this too difficult for me?

Thanks for reading!! Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :-) :-) :-)