View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Gramof6

I also scaled way back 2 yrs ago. Our family was going through a very painful time & I just did not have it in me to go all out as I always did. Ya know....nobody was upset about it & they all understood. We focused more on the reason for the Season. Last year I did not put up a tree or any type of decoration. Nada. It was okay though and we all got together for a easy but fun meal & gifts for the grandkids. We do this on the 22nd so everyone can go to my Mom & Dad's on the 24th and do their own thing, whenever, with their little families. It works real well. I am enjoying it so much more. I am tired so want it to be as stress free as I can make it. I do some baking but not all out like when the kids were at home. They can do it for themselves and set their own traditions. I stopped sending out Cards 5 yrs ago. I now sign Cards for Vets in Hospitals for The Art of Encouragement program. At least I hope that makes a difference in their lives and makes their holiday a little more enjoyable, knowing someone cares & Thanks them for their time in the Service for this Country. I find that removing as much pressure as you want or can, helps me to enjoy the holiday & what Christmas is all about!