Thread: Baby toys
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
LovinMySoldier

So everyone has there opinions about crib bumpers. Use don't use what have you. But if I were you I would work on a crib set. Crib sheets are super easy. Here is a tutorial that I used to start with. My son is still in a toddler bed and loves the different sheets. You have to scroll down a bit to actually get to the tutorial.

http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/201...rial-with.html

And then for the crib bumpers they are so dang cute and easy to make. You can buy the nu foam bumpers at J0anns for like 16 bucks if you use a 40% coupon. They hold there shape and are washable and what not. Really easy to make. I also added cording to the tops of mine. I didn't want to spend to much time on these so instead of making 4 ties for all 6 bumpers (24 ties total) I just bought some ribbon that matched. Turned out really really cute. And way cheaper then buying a set.

Then you could make a crib skirt. I never made one but they had a bunch of tutorials online. My son is now 4 and my husband and I decided not to find out the sex of our kiddo. So I did his room in baby jungle animals and kept a neutral theme. Good luck! Have fun. Congratulations :)