View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:31 PM
fishnlady

I am retired from being a hairstylist and nail tech. I have heard it all, believe me. One thing is certain: with today’s lack of nutrients in the soil many of us do not get adequate vitamins and minerals. Also as we age our digestive systems do not process the foods that we eat to properly supply what our skin and nails need like it does when we were younger. Thyroid and many other disorders can affect our skin and nails but it also creates many other problems in our bodies too. A naturopathic physician is more likely to find what is missing than a regular doctor. You may need digestive enzymes and help getting the supplements he prescribes absorbed into your body. There are many good things listed here on the forum and any one of them can be helpful. Finding what works best for each one of you is a journey unique to your specific needs and the answers will be different for each one according to your unique design. May you all find exactly what you need. And we are all blessed to have this forum to share our ideas about so many things. It is wonderful to learn from each other isn't it?