Old 12-12-2010, 05:50 AM
patdesign

d
Originally Posted by irishrose
I had the Olde English in my hand at the store today. I wasn't sure about whether to go with the light or dark. I think dark will cover more blemishes, but it a moot point for now. We are starting a 12 inch snowfall. I'll be grounded tomorrow.
I use both, I like the light for lighter woods, obviously. Sometimes the dark one on the light wood shows up the scratches. There are some magic markers for wood restoratioin in 3 colors that can be blended and fill in the chips and dings in cabinets that I love for the "repairs", then go over with your favorite furniture polish, only a word of caution about furniture polishes, some of the sprays used to have silicone in them and once used they go into the wood and will sometimes cause the furniture finish to look blotchy and will cettainly present a problem if you try to strip and refinish a cabinet. I started hobbying in the early 1970's and have hand refinished many pieces of furniture, and have sometimes resorted to a professional if the piece was too big or more than I wanted to take on. :-)