View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Corry

There are so many comments that have been made that I wanted to respond to...lol This has really been a lwearning process for me. Thank you so much to all of you for taking the time to encourage me and help me. It is no wonder that my borders are wavy cause from all the comments I have learned about a dozen reasons that are most likely contributing to be the case here. I feel much better about it though. I have already took the bottom border off. I am most likely going to do away with that mitered border and add a block on each corner. It is funny because to begin with I had seen a quilt that they had a black bear claw coming out from the corner facing the center of the quilt. I thought it would look cool with the jagged black border I already have going on here but then at the end decided to just go with the mitered corner cause I wanted to get it done. Well I am going to go ahead and do that bear claw in the corners and do away with the mitered border and see how that works out. There are alot of other things I am going to look at in the process as the mitering is not my only problem. The way this fabric is printed I did have to cut the border fabric across the grain so I could have the horses running along the sides of the quilt. I most definately have probably stretched it. Is it possible to salvage this fabric and take it off, repin and sew it on again and still get my border right or do I need to buy more fabric? Boy have I learned a heap of wisdom from this group...now to apply it. I can't thank ya'll enough. Corry