Thread: I saved it
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM
raptureready

I was scrounging around our local Goodwill the other day looking for fabric I could use for next year's Project Santa stockings and decided to look through the rack dedicated to Christmas decor. While looking for things that I could cut up for appliques/stockings I passed a quilt--one of those cheapy mass produced things. Wait a minute, the stitches are too small for mass production. Could it be? Did I stumble onto a hand quilted quilt? Oh my, yes I did! A beautiful red, white and green little hand done quilt. Oh dear, would I be able to afford such a treasure? Slowly I found the corner with the price tag and peeked at it scared that even at Goodwill it would be higher than I could afford. WHAT??? $15.97? Do they not recognize quality? Since that quilt was so obviously under appreciated I felt the only thing I could do was to give it a new home where it could feel wanted and loved. Here she is!

Prairie point edging, hand quilted with varying sized hearts. The white has tiny red polka dots.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141961[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141956.jpe