View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 AM
barnbum

Things went a bit differently with the tassel/bead end. I thought the kids would be tickled if I used alpaca yarn, but it was too soft on its own to use with beads, so I tied the two pieces together, rolled the ends up with tape, pushed a bead on, tied another knot, then pulled the tape off. It's not two beads each like last year, and I had to use ones that had bigger holes, but I wasn't going to do it twice to each one. I love my students, but.... :wink:

Background: students let me know their favorites: sports, season, animal. (without knowing why).. and I try my hardest to work that into their bookmark--front and back. Several this year just said "winter" so that was easy. I had to buy hockey, basketball, and football. I had lots of baseball and soccer, but those aren't popular this year. :roll: :lol: I always have many dog/cat/horse fabrics. Last year was big on penguins, and many mentioned them this year; I knew I was covered. I've already restocked for the most popular topics--figured if I was ordering hockey stuff, I might as well add more. :-D

I've been quite sick, so this has been a nice quiet activity for me to feel I'm accomplishing something! :|

All the fronts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141986[/ATTACH]

close ups
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141987[/ATTACH]

close ups
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141988[/ATTACH]

The backs. The notes are labels with name and back idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141992[/ATTACH]

close ups
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141995[/ATTACH]

The labels are important--each boookmark is made for a specific person!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141997[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141981.jpe   attachment-141982.jpe   attachment-141983.jpe   attachment-141987.jpe   attachment-141990.jpe  

attachment-141991.jpe   attachment-141992.jpe