View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Emjay

I have purchased so much of my fabric on sale. When our Walmart closed their fabric shops, I was able to build my stash (and my Granddaughter's and neighbor built hers) from the great sale prices. I bought a lot of basics/blenders that I can mix with those that are the feature piece. Now, I will go to LQS and buy a yard or less at their (high) prices and go from there. My plan is working so far...pretty well, however, I slipped when I saw some at the LQS that I LOVED. End of plan for that day. I was commissioned to make a few mini quilts for Christmas gifts for my daughter's BF's employees. I only needed to buy 1/2 yard to mix with my patterns. The rest was from my "sales" stash. YIPPEE!

So my average right now is probably around $5/yard or less.

Does this help?

Now I am in Wimington,NC with Daughter who took a job here. I'll be shopping here and in Gastonia (Mary Jo's Cloth Store) so we'll see how disciplined I can be and/or how much fun I'll have. But it'll all be on sale or pieces I can't find at home. Mary Jo's had the most beautiful cotton in solids I had ever seen on one trip. I'll be aiming for this when I get there because it's not available at home. It looks and feels like silk but at a reasonable price.

Any comments?