View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by jolo
I just wish I could do more/
I think we all wish we could do a lot more. Once in a while I'll be watching Oprah and she'll give someone who's been down on their luck a new fully furnished house or something and think "I wish I could do that!"

But if you can do whatever you can then that's more than enough. I've seen a lot of people pass by the bell ringers around Christmas and they don't put anything in---or worse, they lie to the bell ringer and say "I'll get you on the way out". I kind of feel guilty when I pass them by, even when I know I don't have an extra cent on me to put in or I just put in five dollars last time I was in. You know, put five bucks in the bucket. Donate a toy so a child can have a Christmas present. Buy food and give it to whatever Christmas food drive you have in your town. If you have a quilt that you made that wasn't really for anyone donate that so someone can stay warm during the winter. If you see someone stranded on the side of the road go and buy them a couple things off the dollar menu at a fast food joint and some coffee so they'll have something to eat (we did that for a guy a couple weeks ago...my brother said it felt really good to do that...sometimes people get stranded here in town). And why stop at Christmas and think you're done for the year? Try to give whenever you can.