Old 12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
mcb1180

Afternoon all,

This is the first time I've participated in block swap here...or anywhere for that matter. I was very excited and worried myself beyond belief trying to come up with a block that 1. I had the skill set to do 2. was nice enough to send & 3. was interesting enough to send. So after about 6 different block ideas I finally said forget it and when in search of fabric, thinking that would lead to inspiration. I finally found fabric I thought was just right and came back to the block idea. After another 7 or 8 blocks I finally just said make a block and go from there.

There I was hanging out with my quilt instructor-buddy and dear friend Carrie, and I showed her my block idea and fabrics and she said it was a nice block and I should go with it. So I pull out her quilting stuff and got to work. I eventually got it all pieced together and pressed and asked what she thought. She liked it and surprisingly enough, so did I (I never like anything of mine, I'm much to critical of my own work).

Wasn't sure if I should wait and let my partner post pictures, but I decided I'm too excited and can't wait until she gets it find out what she thinks. I hope she likes it, but I'm okay if she doesn't I know I'm not the greatest quilter and I've got a long way to go, but I'm just so proud that I got the block right on the first try. Though I'll be honest I did miss one point. *shrugs*

My partner this month is toriabelle, don't know if she shares her real name, but just in case out of respect for her privacy I will keep that to myself. Toriabelle, I will get your block out in the mail on Tuesday. I have some of the fabric left over and if you're interested let me know and I will add it as well.

So with out further delay...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142227.jpe