View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:45 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
oh forgot to ask
how much parrfin.. what is that anyway..
and how much frosting if i use that instead of CC?
Oh, that was a cute take on the recipe you 2 sitting together, hahaha, now your DH can't wait to taste them!

Anyway, paraffin is a wax that you can find at your grocer's in the canning/preserving section of the store. It comes in a 1 lb. box and Pure Seal is a good one to try. If you don't have any on hand, you can always just add a few TBSP. of crisco shortening to your melted chocolate and the results will be close enough. Paraffin will give your chocolate a shiny finished look and contains the chocolate from being gooey. From the paraffin block, I would just cut off a 3 inch square and melt it in with the chocolate. Even 2 inches would be enough. I use it primarily for making Buckeyes, the chocolate candy that tastes like Reese Cups. Let me know if you need that and I'll post it too. As far as the frosting goes as a replacement for the cream cheese, I would just use 8 oz as that would be an equal replacement for the CC block or maybe even less depending on your taste. Since you are from MA, a good tip for you would be to use the paraffin on your snow shovels to keep the snow from sticking! It works great! I always spray my shovels with PAM and that works great too! It's the right time of year to have paraffin on hand and it has many uses!

Well, GrammaBabs, thank you for trying the recipe and sure hope you and your family enjoy this treat and it turns out great! Happy holidays to you! :-D :-D :-D