Old 12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Rita's mom

Well to begin we live in the country, we have 5 horses, 1 goat, my heeler Rita, and two 15 year old female cats who are outdoor cats because my husband is allergic but they come into the garage every night and have a heat lamp and heated mats in their beds in the winter. I should say Rita is the first indoor big dog we have ever had, I got her for a buddy when I realized my daughters were growing up and gone more than they were here alot of time. I kinda just told my husband that a watch dog isn't much good if it is out in the garage! lol
Well to make a long story short my oldest daughter has been upset and worried about a kitten at her friends house. (old dairy, lots of barn cats you kind of get the picture) For some reason she noticed that it isn't getting bigger and it is deaf so the Grandmother of the family was keeping it in a rabbit hutch and put its mother in with it at night so nothing would get it. Well our nights are really cold this time of year and it is a white blue eyed manx kitty so she knew its eyes and ears wouldn't do well in the sun. The other day she went to see it and it was really sick its eyes were mattered shut and it had a cold. Well my husband let her rescue it ! and now we have a new member of the family! I waited till she was better to take a picture but here she is. Our vet thought she was only about 6 weeks by her size (she is really 3 months). Rita loves her but isn't quite sure what to do with her! A deaf kitty is going to take a little bit of getting used to and ...... I am guessing Mr. NO CATS IN THE HOUSE is mellowing with age! He plays with her as much as we do! :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142279.jpe   attachment-142280.jpe