Old 12-12-2010, 04:55 PM
hperttula123

Originally Posted by tjradj
I agree with what has been posted already.
If she hasn't made an attempt to correct the problem for you, or even answer your emails, then she is not a respectable business person. Go ahead and tell the 200 people you know.
As for fixing it. It depends on how big it is. If it is tiny you may be able to sew it together so that the stitches are inside the quilt. If not, try taking that area apart and placing a piece of same fabric underneath. Bond some fusible web to the RIGHT side of that piece before putting it under the rip. Then fuse it. It will prevent the ripped edges from fraying and will hold the edges down so they don't catch on things. Then redo the quilting in that spot on your own machine. Finish off with binding. That would be my best solution.
That would be a good way to fix it. I don't know why she wouldn't have told you about it. I haven't done anyone else's quilts yet but I hope to someday. I would be calling that person up as soon as it happened and ask them how they would like me to fix it. It's a machine and you can't control everything that it does....that's understandable, but atleast man up that it got messed up and fix it. People pay good money to have quilts quilted and they should get good service.