View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
sewitall

The best BOTTOM LINE and SAFE advice I can give is: Stick to low to medium toned flower patterns in browns, with subtle pinks, blues, olive and/or pea greens, and maybe yellows & oange. Think flowers. Stripes were kind of in, also. Things, got flashier and gaudier as 70's progressed. But, remember that in the seventies polyesters, they couldn't produce the beautiful vivid colors that they can now, or that could be produced in cottons and rayons. I see 100% cotton fabrics in stores like JoAnn's & also Walmart that have color schemes that would work, that are inexpensive. Also, tie-die was still very popular. Back then, we tie-died old t-shirts,old work shirts, or muslin, etc. I personally am not a fan of the "peace symbol" that was worn by so many of the persons who were throwing pipe bombs and rocks into the windows of homes and stores of innocent people. This "peace symbol" was also worn by those who spit on military persons returning from active and non-active duty. We all want peace, but for me, that particular symbol does not symbolize "peace" and I would never buy it from any store. For me, it is a symbol of chaos.