View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
wildyard

You know, since there have been several comments about the size of my stash, I want to remind everyone again of where I got most of it. I only started quilting in earnest this spring so I have accumulated a majority of this over this year.
At least 85% of what you see is from thrift stores and yard sales. The sheets are for backings, etc. from thrift stores. Tuesdays they are half off and I get my seniors discount of 25% off total purchase!!
The rest of the 85% is made up of deconstructed cotton clothing, pillow shams, curtains, etc. When you fold it up nice, it looks just like "real" fabric. LOL
The fleece pieces are remnants from Joann's bought when the fleece was on sale, so I got them for half of the sale price. I also buy remnants of cottons that are on sale so that I pay half of their sale price. This, too, is where I get my pieces of iron on fuse-y stuff for applique. I never pay full price for anything. I do buy yardage when the red tag fabrics are half price if I find something good.
The remaining approx. 5% of my stash, and the most precious to me, are gifts and trades with my wonderful friends here on the quilting board!!! I often pick up fabric at yard sales that I know I won't use, because I remember someone here mentioned liking something like it. I like finding things to trade as much as I like finding things to use ...... almost.
Smilesssssss and hugggggggggggs.....wildlinda