Thread: accu cutter
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Pinkrose4664

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Go because it's easier to move around then the Studio. The more you use the Go or Studio the more you realize how useful it it. If you have more then 1/4" - 1/2" fabric waste you are using it incorrectly. One thing to remember is the cutter needs to be lower then cutting table height for proper ergonomic cutting.
Huh? What does "the cutter needs to be lower then cutting table height " mean? Why?
I suppose it is the angle of ones shoulder when making the circle motion of six o'clock to twelve o'clock while rolling the dies through the wringer. I have placed mine upon a regular desk with the handle extending over the edge for circling. I am short but it would only seem plausible if one is tall that you could use it upon a higher surface. Then again, I have not cut a full quilt upon it as yet--just playing until my strip dies arrive.
I was going to ask for suggestion of where people put theirs to use it. I only have a sewing table to use, other than the floor which I wouldn't think would work. Hummmm