Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 AM
purrfectquilts

I am sorry for you and agree with the suggested methods of repair and also would not use her again since she offered no compensation or replies.

This happens in the trade and it is always highly irritating. Once a king sized DWR came back to me with a large bug quilted in between the layers and strings all over the place. Another time a local shop put the backing on inside out on a quilt for a very high paying customer. Not long after that a shop I have trusted for years also put the backing on a queen sized quilt inside out. Then the next time I sent something to a different place it came back loaded with thread nests and tails all over the back. Every time I clipped a thread nest I had to repair the stitching to stablize it.

How can one not notice that a fabric is inside out when there is a very distinct difference? I could possibly see it happening when the front and back are similar but these were not.

None of these places offered any compensation or remorse. So far I have not publicly given out their names, but maybe I should?