View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 AM
EagarBeez

The quilts I make are made from my heart and I give them to those I love.
I love when they are used, and not put in the closet or drawer. So far, I know each of mine have been used.
I did make a queen sized puff/quillo quilt for my granddaughter,
when I saw it, it was dirty in a ball on her bed, with a large german shepherd dog laying on it.
My granddaughter said to me, grandma, can you fix my quilt.
I looked at it, and don't know how to describe how I felt. The blocks had been shreaded from the dogs nails, stuffing coming out. My heart sank, yet, I had made it for my granddaughter, and did not think how it would be treated.
I don't have enough fabric of the patterns, but, I told her, I could put some patches on it. She said no grandma it would look funny. I will keep it. Next time I saw it, it was in the bottom of her closet and her and her friends were playing house, using the quilt as a bed in their make believe house. My granddaughter was only 4 at the time, so has no idea what goes into a quilt. I will make her another one. Right now, working on a quilt for my niece, then have plans to make one for each of my sisters. I have 2. By the time I get to making my granddaughter another one, she will be older