View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 AM
thepolyparrot

Yep, "disease" is a good word for it! :D

I have a 66-1 in a treadle that's still waiting for me to refurbish it. The wood is falling apart and fabric catches on the wood. The paint and decals are shot on that machine, too so I had planned to strip it and paint it and re-plate the nickel parts. I bought a good solid cabinet without the irons on it - the irons had been used to make a table or something.

I was going to sand and paint the wood black and put brass pulls on the drawers and do the machine in fire engine red with antique fire engine gold leaf decals. I was thinking of trying to electroplate all the nickel parts with gold, too. A fire chief's badge would go on the pillar to finish the fire truck theme.

But, as usual, what I plan to do and what I actually accomplish are two different things. Maybe after Christmas, I'll find the gumption to drag it out and get started on it.

It's got a full set of back-clamping attachments and it sews through absolutely anything. I'm not much good at FMQ while treadling, but piecing is so peaceful and easy. :)