View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM
meow meow

If you have someone who will loan you two fold tables (the long ones) you can stretch it on there. I use masking tape to hold down the quilt back. I have problems with my back so I was never able to pin them on the floor so we invested on two long fold tables butt them up together and then I can roll around them when I need to pin something. I also don't baste the top bottom or batting as the basting spray holds them pretty good while I pin them but I do use lots and lots of pins. Of course now I don't have to do that anymore since my loving husband purchased the Tin Lizzy for me in July. I think I am still more afraid of it then pinning quilts but it does work beautifully just wish I had an even bigger room. Happy quilting. PS: He had also purchased clamps for me on the $ bin that most generally mechanics use so I could save on having to use masking tape they open quite big in the jaw just like a clothes pin and hold down the quilt back great you can also move them easier if you have a wrinkle in the quilt.