View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
mayday
Banned

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Some of you are writing to say how overwhelmed you are with holiday preparations.

At the risk of sounding like a Grinch or a Scrooge - how many of these preparations are REALLY necessary?

If the cookies don't get baked - will it really matter? Leftover Christmas cookies are kind of depressing in February.

If the candy doesn't get made - will it really matter? Most of us get enough sugar in our diets as it is.

Are you spending more money than you can afford to?

Are you giving/exchanging gifts with people you are not particularly fond of?

Are you neglecting your own health and well-being "trying to get everything done"?

This is a perfect time to cut back - if you want or need to - one can always blame "the current economy" if one doesn't have the gumption to say "I don't want to any more."

I have total admiration for those that can and do all the activities associated with the holidays.

I'm one of those that "hanging on to sanity" during this time of the year is a major accomplishment, so I've learned that for myself - not raining on other people's parades is about as good as it's going to get.
Completely agree, stress is often brought on by ourselves and now is the time to be able to stop, do try!!!