Thread: I DID IT!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 PM
dreamboat

I also plan on hand quilting mine. So I might have it done in the next 5 years.
Originally Posted by 978gray
Originally Posted by dreamboat
I did that sunny days quilt too except I had to change the print on the enter border and outer border because I couldn't find the setting kit. But it worked out ok. I only had the 12 blocks with their instructions. I had no setting kit and no instructions for putting it together.
All and all it turned out ok. It is still waiting for me to quilt it. Will post a picture when I get it quilted.
With it being my first attempt at quilting, I bought the blocks and setting kit on clearance, so all was 50% off the list price. I was unable to get all 12 blocks, so the four in the center section are the same. Last summer I found the flower print of the borders fabric on clearance for $3 per yard, so of course I picked it up for the backing.

I used stitch in the ditch for the quilting. It was real tough since it was so big fitting in my machine

It was with all the help from the board that enabled me to finish. I would have never figure out how to bind the quilt, never mind get it squared. Silly me thought you just had to sew by following the instructions.