View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM
EagarBeez

Originally Posted by gramabiese
I would have to say most of my quilts I give away, go to a local dialysis center. They are very cold and they do not furnish blankets anymore, no laundry facilities. I know when I give these quilts, they can sometimes be blood stained, sometimes end up on the floor. But one I gave to a 5 yr old girl made me not care about any of it. this child was afraid to nap during her dialysis for fear she would die and never see her mom again. I made her a quilt with every Princess fabric I could find, and then I found a fleece to match and made her a small pillow. They can't use anything large there. Anyway, the first day she had it, she napped and her mom was so happy she cried. When she was given her quilt and pillow she just squealed with delight. She didn't make it to the transplant list and thus has passed away. But when she was very ill she asked, Mommy can I take my quilt and pillow with me to Heaven? She was buried with them and that makes my heart smile. No matter how small you think your effort is, to someone it is huge!
that is so heartwarming to hear