Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Twinmommy070502

So as I have mentioned I started quilting just last September by taking a class and everytime I think I will not like a process I find out I LOVE it.

I did not want to do applique but the class I took required we do some - I did and LOVED the result.

I thought I did not want to EVER do hand work - and now I have been loving piecing some english paper piecing hexagons while I watch TV to use up some scraps! They are tiny and will take forever to do a quilt but I enjoy doing them. - who'd a thunk it!

While looking for Patterns for those little hexagons I stumbled upon the paper piecing or foundation piecing and I found some very cool Harry Potter patterns for free that I LOVED. One of my sisters is a HUGE Potter fan - more than her kids - and I have been collecting fabric for a Harry Potter quilt for her but the Licenced fabric is sooooooo expensive and I still had no clue what I would Piece for her - I loved these - I tryed it out this past weekend and I am soooooooooooo Hooked!! I LOVE this - took a bit for me to remember to have the piece big enough but here are the two I finished and one that is 3/4's done with a tiny boo boo!

Attached Thumbnails attachment-37027.jpe   attachment-63749.jpe