View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 AM
deema

Well...I'm already starting to plan the quilts for NEXT Christmas! LOL

I have a quilt for my husband to make that will be completely my design and a LOT of appliqué. I just started one for my baby boy that is snowball blocks, haven't decided what else I'm going to do with it yet. I think I'm going to make a Bento Box quilt for ME in black, red and white. I'd like to try a OBW, but may not get to it. I'm collecting fabric for a quilt for DD. I want to do a Harley Davidson quilt for FIL and an Eagle quilt for my step dad for Christmas(mom and MIL got quilts this year). For the quilts for the Dad's, I'll probably work from panels, so they should be pretty simple.

Otherwise, I just want to try new block ideas and learn learn learn! I'm still pretty new to quilting, so I'm trying to broaden my horizons. :)
I'm also making a commissioned quilt early in the new year. We haven't decided on a pattern yet...leaning towards Stacking Coins, but it's for a friend's baby's new toddler bed (the baby is only 8mos! LOL). We decided to wait until after the holidays, partially so I could get my Christmas projects wrapped up, and partially because financially, my friend can't do it right now. I won't be starting until I receive the first half of the payment, to buy fabrics and such.