Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Ps 150

:( I'm learning that just because the colors/shades/tones/hues flow beautifully in a picture does not mean that it does in proper lighting. I saw a picture of a scrappy sampler quilt and since I've only been quilting for 16 months now, I thought it would be nice to work my way through a sampler quilt to hone my skills...and use up some scrappy stash. I decided to use the same colors/tones/hues and shades as the picture since they worked so well for this artist but they're not so much for me. So, I looked again at the quilts I've made and realized, the colors flow soo much better in photos of my quilts that I've posted than the actual quilts (though the quilts still turned out really nice). This was especially true in the three bargellos that I've made. You can just see the movement better in a picture than just looking at the bed. The pic I saw had some stark whites mixed with creams to offset reds but now that the blocks are going together, the whites just seem to stand out too much but not in the pics. :oops: Not sure if I'll fix those three blocks yet before continuing the quilt or just blindly trust that it will all come together in the end. :-(