Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Maia B

Hehe, if it came down to color, I dislike red and would go with blue, that's why I want to know which will really be the better machine, most reliable, best stitch quality, least break downs and hassles, etc. Will the Elna 740 have overcome the few problems seen in the Horizon? Or will it be subject to that "first model syndrome" all over again? Price w/i a few hundred dollars less important. Have seemingly good dealers for each about the same distance away. I'm following the Horizon yahoo group but also solicting opinions from owners if these machines whenever I can. Janome seems to have great machines for great value and high customer loyalty, but I hear less from owners of current and recent Elna models. I hesitate to rely on impressions or satisfaction with any brand (except Bernina) from more than 5 years ago since so many brands are in flux. I have time on this, my recent huge upgrade to a Babylock Quest Plus ought to keep me sewing and growing for a while. But that 11" harp...<drooooool>... And I want auto cut! Thx everyone for info, keep it coming!