View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
vintagemotif

I quickly pulled this one together over the weekend, marathon sewing. I saw the post last Friday on the I Spy quilt and just loved it ( that gal followed someone's pattern that is posted on site). Well, my father's 86 birthday is coming up and I didn't know what to get him. After seeing the two pretty I Spy quilts, I knew just what I was going to give him- An I Spy quilt. I took his interests from over the years to use as the theme: music, birds, sailing, money, space, dogs, travel, and baseball. Since his mother had been a quilter too, I found a fabric that looked like a quilt. I also used some fabrics that were scraps that my mom had sent me. I was able to send it in the mail Monday, my deadline. I had some frustrations with working with a fusible batting, which didn't work (that was a rant post of mine on Sunday).
I like this quilt pattern so much that I plan to use this theme quilt not only for children, but also for adults. I thank the two gals for sharing their pictures of their beautiful work; it was such a great inspiration for me.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143248.jpe   attachment-143249.jpe