Thread: Bernina 820?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM
so-sew

Hello. I'm hoping for input to help resolve an internal argument I'm having with myself repeatedly. I'm an owner of a new Janome 6600 since the end of September. I really like the machine, but would LOVE the BSR and extra throat space (12 full inches!) of the 820. When I bought the 6600, it fit into my budget with little to spare. Now, here's the good part....On Thanksgiving I was informed a long lost aunt left me enough money in her will to pay for the 820 and still have a little money left over. (I'm not kidding....truly a long lost aunt!) Am I justified in buying a new machine when the 6600 is still so new? I know there will be many advising me to put the money away and "think on it", but my worry is that once it gets assimilated into the checking or savings account, my husband will find it "painful" to withdraw and spend that much on a sewing machine. It feels like a "now or never" scenerio. Does any of this make sense? I would love to hear anything you have to say about the matter. Thanks for listening:).