Thread: soldier quilts
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by montanajan
Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
because some of you have asked about my quilts for the soldiers here some tops that I've done in the past 2 weeks. Simple but effective. All quilts measure 54" by 78".
Very nice! Are these for Quilts of Valor? I sew with a group who make QOV tops, but all 8 of us don't manage that many in 2 months, let alone 2 weeks!
no these are not for the QOV they would not except my quilts as I don't sew well enough for their liking. They don't want tied quilts either, with all their rules and regulations I think it's an insult to all the quilters out there that put so much into what they do just to be turned down because they aren't good enough. Sorry to vent here, but it's just the way I feel.

Anyway, that is OK with me because it gives me a chance to send them to the troops in the field the are truly needing some warmth and don't care if these are prefect or not.

The captain's wife emailed me last night wanting to know if I could take on another unit but I had to turn her down because I just can't sew that fast. They have no idea what it takes to make a quilt. Even thought I use simple designs and tie instead of all over quilting, I am pushing my limit here and if I get the 40 done by the end of January then I can truly say I deserve a rest. LOL