View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Sewnique

Thank you all for the nice reviews you gave me! I hope my secret pal likes it half as much as you all do. She has 2 small children (boys). One is 2yr and the other is 4yr old. I thought this would be nice for them to snuggle under as well while waiting for Santa! I purchased the Santa door panel at a very small craft store near where I live in VA that also sells fabric. I think I gave $5 for it. It was the last on a bolt and was very wrinkled, distorted looking and looked as if it would never be straight enough for me to do anything with it. I brought it home and rinsed it in cool water and then dried it for about 5 minutes to remove the excess wetness from it. Then, I sprayed Magic Sizing on the back and ironed it. Then, I sprayed the front and ironed it. By that time, it was almost dry. I draped it over my ironing station and left it over night to dry. Fortunately, it all came out straight and beautiful! I could not figure out what to do with it. Then, I saw these 3-D blocks and a light bulb went off in my head! That is how it turned out to be the quilt it has!The top of the quilt is actually quilted with gold thread with white on the back.
Sewnique