Thread: bridal gown
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
gramabiese

Originally Posted by tinknhook
Am new to this talk forum. I did something that I found very hard to do. I cut up my old wedding dress (from 1956) and made teddy bears out of it for the girls and grandgirls. For the boys, I used regular bears and put a cumberband of satin and a bow tie of the lace. Had to keep it manly. The hardest part was making the first cut on the dress. I did not know what else to do with it; one dil had worn it but I got it back and there it sat. The bears are all done and I think they turned out really adoreable. Would do it again and have a lot of lace and satin left - how many sachets can I make out it the leftovers? lol

Lee (aka Tinkerbell)
I have been thinking of doing something with mine too. I remember my husband's grandmother told me that she cut hers up when she had her first child as they couldn't afford a dress for her christening, so she used her wedding dress and made one, also had enough fabric from it to make herself a new blouse for the occassion. But a Baptism gown would be a wonderful gift for a grandchild or great-grandchild.