Thread: Bernina 820?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 AM
so-sew

You have all been so kind and understanding. I thought perhaps some would say I was ridiculous, greedy, ungrateful for what I've already been blessed with, etc. That's what the "reasonable" part of me keeps whispering in my ear. But not one single person found my desires as foolish as they sometimes seem, or at least no one said so.

Thanks for helping me with this. Lots of you have echoed the sentiments of my heart when you said it would remind me of my aunt. Even though I didn't know her well, she deserves to be remembered and thanked for her generousity each time I roll my chair up to the 820. She was a well to do woman who made her own fortune, and I know she worked hard and realized her dreams only with optimism and determination. That's inspirational to me.

My Janome is named Naomi, and I was dreaming of naming my Bernina Gina, but maybe her name should be Franny, after my aunt. It seems to have an appealing ring to me!

A very happy holidays to each of you. And keep the comments coming, if you wish. I'll let you know what happens, but I haven't actually received the inheritance yet. Aunt Fran had 39 nieces and nephews and all have to be found and notified before the checks can be sent. Last I heard one was "missing". Funny thing is that that person attended the funeral, but no one got the person's address or phone number! Ironic.

My best to you. And thanks again.