Thread: Bernina 820?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 AM
ljordan1029

I have been lurking in the shadows waiting for a thread about machines. The first expensive machine that I purchased was a Baby Lock,Ellageo. Never had minutes trouble with it, had it cleaned once a yr, and sewed it wheel off. After a number of years I started thinking about purchasing a machine with a larger emb. area, more unique stitching.(On an impulse) purchased a Husq. Diamond, perhaps it was the machine or the operator but it caused me no days of grief, and the auto threader was a nightmare, continually being a pain. Talked to the store owner after I started having trouble. They wanted to charge me $1,000.00 to restock it. Knowing I didn't have that type of money to throw away, I decided to keep it. More nightmares, finally after 2 months I gave up, and bought a Brother's Innov-is 6000-D. The difference for me has been a true blessing, no problems with the bobbin, coming unthreaded, and the threader is an absolute dream. Like many of you, the money came from an inheritance, sometimes I sew all day, and I need a work horse. The 6000-D is it, I hope it stays with me like the Baby Lock did. GD is wanting this machine, but I'm not ready to let it go, haven't needed a 2nd machine, yet, but for me being without a good sewing machine and the internet is much akin to being on another planet. Thanks for listening.