View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Sloan Quinn

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
I did something like that last night! Needed binding & appliques. I went in, the fabrics were crying out my name, but I went to the other side, got what I needed...then..what's that I see? Fat qtrs...Christmas fat gtrs!! I limited myself to two so I could sneak them past my DH & ran for the door! Cost me $14.00 at the checkout, but this morning I patted my new acquisitions & hid them amongst all the others I have. All is right with the world! LOL! :-)
LOL. All the ladies at work discuss the various nefarious means that we use to get new fabric into our stash and past our hubby. There is one young lady there that is not quite married yet (she's engaged), and she just doesn't understand why we all either have to sneak it in, or have discussions with dh before buying. And personally, in order to keep myself from spending my whole paycheck at the place GIVING me the dratted thing, I simply keep 25-30 bucks cash out of it when I put it in the bank and only pay using cash, unless the purchase is pre-approved by dh (he has a much better head for the bills than I do). Funny thing is, there are times I don't spend it all and end up with it piling up and then I get to go blow it all! Whoo!

Now if I could just save it long enough to get that new sewing machine with all the fancy do-hickeys....