View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 AM
omak

I LOVE the piano practice application.
If I had discovered that principle when I was a child, I might have applied myself to piano more, but alas! I didn't learn of it until much later in life, but I highly recommend it (as you have) for all musically inclined individuals. Teach it to your children. You will have given them a tool for much success in their lives.

So! I bet you want to know what the typingest cheerleader of the group has been done.
I am currently working on the Quiltville.com mystery quilt and have finished Part 4. Now, since I didn't bother to do the math to see how many strips I needed to make, I just pulled out strips and fabric until I figured I had enough (Did I ever tell you how absurd I have always considered "estimation"?)
I have completed Part 4, but I have a bunch of strip sets left over, so this AM, before doing the things I HAVE to do, I decided (since I need the table my sewing is on) that I would complete cutting all the strip sets into the two patches with matching 2" square and be done with it.
I figure - - I will either have enough blocks to make two complete mystery quilts, OR, I will be well on my way to making at least two more baby quilts as well as the one mystery. And, when I get these all cut, I will go back through the bits and pieces that became new scraps, stitch them together into whatever blocks they become or bunkhouse braid and will have sashings for a good many projects.
How am I doing so far? LOL <wave>