View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Becky Crafts

Originally Posted by Farmer's Daughter
Put a little applique on the snipped spot. Learned this from a lady who did trunk show for guild. She uses an acorn to cover errors. Now she puts an acorn on every quilt. Her trademark. Don't worry about lack of fabric. Substitute another piece in binding, just like you did it intentionally. Multi fabric bindings look great. The person you made it for will love it. It is truly gorgeous.
Thank you. I put butterflies in a couple of spots. One covers the hole, the other is to make you think it was done on purpose. This whole quilt has just been one thing after another. This morning I got it so all that's left is some minor hand-sewing of the binding down on the back. It looks so much neater to me to hand stitch it down. It actually doesn't look too bad. The last yd of binding is a milk chocolate color to the rich dark color I'd started with, but I'm not going to say a thing! It's nearly done & I'm just going to be happy to wave good-bye to it! LOL!! Maybe it's given me enough trouble that the baby quilts (4 of them) will go smoothly. :-)