Thread: New FMQ Book
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Pat P

Just got a new FMQ book online (not related to author but an really excited to try the quilting patterns inside.) The first FMQ book I bought several months ago had 35 or so 5 inch designs that would have taken a long time to master. This book has more fluid free motions designs. The name of the book is Machine Quilting by Christine Maraccini. Anyone else out there have this book. The reviews were very good, so I took a chance buying it unseen. Think all it will take to master the designs is purchasing a sketch pad and practicing drawing. Mostly I have been stippling ---- got adverturous with the last quilt and did lots of stars in the stippling the quilt turned out pretty good. Stars are a little wonky but there all the same. In this book the author stresses to not get freaked out if your designs aren't exactly like hers. She says to work and develop you own technique. I know in basketmaking no two people will make the same basket pattern exactly alike. Sometimes you can get your local library to purchase books like this one.