View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
omak

speaking as one who has lived quite a long time on this earth, and well aware of the fact that my days are finite:
There comes a time in life when we decide what we will and may not be able to accomplish between now and the "going home" day.
Which would be more beneficial to me and my family -- to burden them with all of my stuff (and, maybe foment argument) or start presenting my possessions to others who might get better use out of them.
As the child of a parent who at one point wanted us to go through her house and tell her what we wanted (man! do NOT fall for that garbage!) I would rather have my mother give me what she wants me to have than to have to go through that (Yes, as I do, she has her own control issues! LOL)
If one of my aunts sent me something she thought I would like, I would probably thank her for it and tell her why it was so special to me ... I wouldn't necessarily think she was giving up. She is simply taking care of what is hers to take care of while it is in her power to handle it. <wave>