Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 AM
HisPatchwork

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
OK, I am back into my own account. A few posts back I mentioned that after cleaning a little, I could see that it was a G....it was stamped very close to the edge. I just took more pictures that I think will show it better.
Yep, it is a 1919 machine! Now that, that is settled, have fun with her! Are you going to take the motor off her? She didn't have a motor originally! When motors became available, lots of people put them on their treadles -- back then, I guess, it was pretty exciting to have a motorized machine!
I have to do some work on the cabinet, too. The veneer is loose and broken in many places. I have refinished my dining room table before, but that was solid wood. Any hints for the process are welcome.

Nancy
Yes, I will be taking the motor off {the cord is messed up and in two peices}. The treadle is what I was looking for. I have been excited about getting a treadle by those on the board who have used them. I am going to clean the frame today, before we reattach it to the cabinet. Then I will be cleaning the machine and ordering a belt. I will probably need the 'tire' for the bobbin winder too. Is there a place I can print off a manual for this machine? Also, is there a good site to identify the attachements I have?