View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
quiltmaker

My Juki TL98Q is also the same machine and it works great on my frame. You just have to learn how to use it to it's advantage. Course a larger throat is always desired but many of us don't want to shell out the bucks for those machines. Go with what you feel comfortable with and paying for. There are no set rules for what you have to have other that what you are comfortable with. If the sky is the limit with your purchasing power then by all mean go check out the larger throat machines. But never bust your budget for something you can't really afford and will end up being an albatross (sp) around your neck just because someone else has it. I also quilt a lot off the frame and manage to do quite nicely with my Juki on a little larger king size top. It's all in learning how to use what you have and make it work for you. Most importantly it is what you can comfortably afford. I have seen way too many people purchase the high priced set ups and then became dismayed/guilty that they spent so much money on them. Although as quilters we are sometimes consumed by quilting....they are many other things in our lives far more important.